Events Tuesday, April 23
- This event has passed.
Fire Safety Event
August 13, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Fire Safety with Smokey Bear and Friends
There’s no better time than now to start mitigating the risk of fire in your home and around your property. Making sure your home is defensible is extremely important in our community. Should fire break out near your home, let’s not put firefighters in the heartbreaking position of labeling your home indefensible! Lots of information and great interactive activities…like testing your fire extinguisher skills.
- how to stay up to date with the latest extinguishers and alarms
- how to create defensible spaces around your home and property
- how to retrofit your home to block drifting embers and eliminate fuel sources
- how to choose the correct tools for fire mitigation
- how to make sure you are easily found by emergency services in the event of a fire
- (for mountain residents) how to sign up for the Wildfire Partners program to reduce vulnerability to wildfire
Enter to free drawings to win prizes: Husqvarna chainsaw ($300 value), Husqvarna weed wacker ($200 value), Husqvarna Hi-Wheel Trimmer ($370 value) , $500 McGuckin gift card, a tour of Boulder Fire Station #8 (priceless!) and more!