Information We Collect
When you use this Site, we may collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information You Actively Provide. We collect the personal information you actively provide when you use this Site. You may choose to provide certain personal information in order to access or use certain features or services of the Site, such as making a purchase, requesting information, registering on the Site, filling out a survey, or providing feedback. Such digital contact information may include your name, phone number, email, billing address, and shipping address, as well as your purchase history, return history, and services you like which are offered on our site. Where possible, we indicate which fields of information are required and which fields are optional. You can always choose not to provide information, but you may not be able to use a particular service or feature on the Site.
- Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your computer’s IP address, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed our Site, the name of the operating system installed on your computer, the name and version of the browser you are using, the URL of the page from which you linked to our Site, and the date and time of your visit. The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check with the developer of your browser if you want to learn what information the browser sends or how to change your settings. The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. We use this non-personal information primarily to create statistics that help us improve our Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. We may link this non-personal information with your personal information as we deem necessary for our business purposes. If we suspect criminal activity, we might share our server logs — which contain visitors’ IP addresses — with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
How We Use Information-
We use personal information you submit to us for various business purposes, such as to process your donation or request for information as applicable. If you provide us with your email address as part of a purchase transaction on our Site, or if you opt in to receive communications from McGuckin Hardware, we may periodically send you newsletters or emails featuring promotions, informing you about new events and services, requesting your feedback, or providing other information we think may be of interest to you. In addition, if you make a donation through our Site, we will send you a donation confirmation email. You can remove your email address from our email list at any time by contacting us at email@example.com, or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any McGuckin Hardware e-newsletter.
We use certain non-personal information we collect from you for specific and limited purposes including improving our materials and services, making your browsing experience more efficient and relevant, and for administration of this Site.
McGuckin Hardware may share your information:
- With third parties who are under obligations of confidentiality with McGuckin Hardware.
- If McGuckin Hardware is required by law to do so.
- In the event of a transfer of ownership of McGuckin Hardware, merger, acquisition, or other similar transaction.
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted, including:
- Our Service Providers. We share personal information collected through our Site with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf, such as data storage, web hosting services, and order fulfillment companies. These companies and organizations are required by contract to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf (and not for their own purposes) and to protect the confidentiality of any and all personal information disclosed by McGuckin Hardware.
- Other Limited Circumstances. There are other limited circumstances in which we may share the personal information in our databases with unrelated third parties. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect through the Site when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement or to comply with a subpoena or court order; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect the rights, property or safety of McGuckin Hardware, our customers, and visitors to our Site, to protect the vital interests of our customers or visitors, or at your request to provide information to a third-party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute
- Marketing Purposes. We may occasionally share your personal information with third parties to use for their own marketing purposes if we believe the products or services they offer would be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Updating Your Information-
You always have the opportunity to review and change the information you provide to us by contacting us at email@example.com.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented) or for other legitimate purposes (such as regulatory compliance), or as permitted by applicable law.
We take reasonable precautions to:
- Protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information we collect through this Site.
- Ensure that your transactions on our Site will be secure and safe.
- Protect you from unauthorized credit card charges while you purchase goods or services on our Site.
When you place orders on our Site, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
While we use industry standard means and methods to protect our Site and your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot promise that your use of our Site will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. Online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not share your password.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Hight Enterprises, LTD d/b/a McGuckin Hardware
Attention: Website Administrator
2525 Arapahoe, Unit D1
Boulder, CO 80302